[PC-BSD Translations] Pootle back

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Nov 16 10:32:20 PST 2011

On 11/16/2011 13:22, Hakisho Nukama wrote:
> 2011/11/16 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>:
>> Translators,
>>
>> Pootle is now back online. I've made some changes to not use the caching
>> backend which keeps getting corrupt for whatever reason. When you make
>> changes it should be synced to the files immediately, and put into SVN
>> within 24 hours.
>>
>> --
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> iXsystems

> New umlauts are displayed correctly.
> http://pootle.pcbsd.org/de/pcbsd/UpdateGui.po/translate/?unit=160871
> "Verfügbare Aktualisierungen"
>
> Whereas some old umlauts are displayed wrong:
> http://pootle.pcbsd.org/de/pcbsd/desktopschema.po/translate/?unit=75796
> "Zeige Gerätestatus, Tintenfüllstand und führe Wartungen aus."
>
> Some of the older ones are displayed correctly (or have the been
> corrected by someone?):
> http://pootle.pcbsd.org/de/pcbsd/ethernetconfig.po/translate/?unit=11777
> "Dieses Netzwer&kgerät deaktivieren"
> http://pootle.pcbsd.org/fr_CA/pcbsd/ethernetconfig.po/translate/?unit=125806
> "&Désactiver ce périphérique réseau"
>
> Whats the favored procedure? Should we go over these files again and
> correct these errors by hand, or is there a better solution at hand
> (a.k.a. sed-ninja)?
>
> Best Regards,
> Hakisho Nukama
Whats odd, is that the backend files show the umlauts properly for that
string.. I wonder if it didn't import it properly from the file. I just
manually copied it from the PO file and it shows / saved properly in
pootle now. I'll check with our sysadmin in a bit, see if he has any
ideas as to why this occurred.