[PC-BSD Translations] All umlauts broken in German translation

incarus6 incarus6 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 13 01:27:21 PST 2011

Since the serverdown yesterday all German umlauts (ä ö ü ß) are broken in
the German translation!

Example:
http://pootle.pcbsd.org/de/pcbsd/wificonfig.po/translate/?unit=12837

Only weard symbols apper instead:
"ß" instead of "ß"
"ä" -> "ä"
"ö" -> "ö"
"ü" -> "ü"
"Ä" -> "Ä"
"Ö" -> "Ö"
"Ãœ" -> "Ü"

It would be very hard to fix all those umlauts manually (we use a lot of
them ;) ),
I hope there is a better solution.
The current translation is currently not useable as it is. Is there a way
to download the current translation files and replace
those symbols with the correct letters and upload that again?
I'm not sure if that is a rendering-problem or if it's database related. I
tried to open the pootle site with
several browsers, none worked. Ares the files saved in UTF-8?

Greetings