[PC-BSD Translations] Translating the texts on desktop? <PC-BSD 8.2-RC1>

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 05:57:25 PST 2011

I'm interesting in .desktop files translations too. Currently I'm working on
alternate Control panel application. (See
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/bA5iQShVWr4kHxeJe5cbCb/bA5iQShVWr4kHxeJe5cbCb).
That app uses .desktop files as control panel entryes.
If pootle can not translate shortcuts I'll possible need to add ability to
translate shortcut using Qt .ts files. But in any case localized shortcuts
whold be best solution.

2011/1/18 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>

> On 01/13/2011 16:57, Sam Lin wrote:
>
>> When setting languages other than English in SysInstaller, the texts
>> in Kickoff and in PBI applications are now all shown in those
>> languages. However the texts on the desktop are still in English and
>> it looks like those are not on Pootle nor can they be switched to
>> localised language from KDE's system control panel. Whilst some texts
>> like "portjail" do not  really need to be translated, it would be good
>> to show other texts like "PCBSD Handbook" in localised languages.
>>
>> Is it possible to translate or change the texts on the desktop if
>> languages other than English are set in the system?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sam
>>

> Most of that text is in the .desktop files, which aren't in Pootle as you
> saw. I'm going to take a look and see how I can incorporate those into
> Pootle though, otherwise we are stuck trying to get manual submissions sent
> in for each language.
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software