[PC-BSD Translations] New pootle instance ready for testing

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Tue Oct 5 12:11:33 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, October 05, 2010 01:56:17 pm Henrik Eismark wrote:
> Thanks for your fine work. It must have been difficult to find the errors.
>
> another thing I wonder about is why it is necessary to translate the same
> words several times even in the same file, like weekdays.
>
> I would have thought the use of defined variables would reduce this need
> and the size of the files.
>
> I know it is out of your reach, but clearly hours are wasted on
> re-translating duplicate words.
>
> Any find & replace in the developer environment?

Sadly I am not a linguist, but out of the two languages I know, one of them is
English, and frequently the meaning of a word varies by how it's used.

I suspect that the exceptions could eliminate any benefits that could be
realized by variables.

It might be worth poking the guys who work on translate-toolkit, I think they
are far more translate savy than I am, and they may have insight I don't.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel