[PC-BSD Translations] Updates to Pootle & Subversion

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Oct 22 14:06:44 PDT 2009

Greetings to all our translators!

I've just finished up on a LOT of work trying to improve the PC-BSD translation "glue" and
I think things should work a lot more smoothly now. If you check the Pootle Site, you'll see
there are quite a few new files ready for translation, as well as some old ones removed.

Pootle will now sync up nightly with our project data in subversion, commiting your translations to
subversion, as well as automatically importing any new strings available for translation. This
means you can now begin translating strings for upcoming releases of PC-BSD 8.0 during the
development phase, in order to get a "head-start" on it. That may come in handy, so there isn't such
a mad rush of translation needed right before we release a version.

Also, this should greatly improve the ability for us to test and bugfix issues with i18n in PC-BSD
alphas and beta releases, ensuring that when the a release is finished, that all strings
are properly translated.

Anyway, take a look at http://www.pcbsd.org:8080 and let me know if you run into any problems
when you begin translating strings.

Thanks!

P.S. As a result of the import work I was doing, all unfinished strings ended up getting marked as "fuzzy", so
if you see a lot of "fuzzy" strings in a file, please check the translation of it, and mark it complete when done.