[PC-BSD Translations] process question for book
drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 17 08:58:31 PST 2009
The upcoming PC-BSD book has a chapter on contributing to PC-BSD which contains a section on translations. I'd like to include an overview of the PC-BSD's translation process so new translators have an idea of what to expect. It's clear that a new user should join this list and register an account on pootle. Is this the correct process for editing a .po file?
- when adding a new translation string, always check fuzzy and click Suggest so your translation will be reviewed by another translator
Some general questions dealing with process:
- if someone adds a translated string, does pootle force it to be suggested and fuzzy, or does the user have to specify this?
- can anyone click Submit to "unfuzzy" a translated string or are there only a few "commiters" who have this permission?
- if someone wants to edit a translated (unfuzzy) string, does the interface allow them to do this or do only some users have this permission? if anyone can do this, should they bring it up on translations@ first or just leave a comment on pootle why they did so? Are these types of changes automatically marked as fuzzy?
- when a new fuzzy string is created, does pootle send an automatic email anywhere so others know that the translation should be reviewed?
- any other process stuff new users should be aware of?
- is there an IRC channel where you guys tend to hang out if a new user has a quick question or should they just ask here?
If the process is written down somewhere (I wasn't able to find it), please let me know the URL. Otherwise, I'd like to include your desired process in this section of the book so we don't get a bunch of enthusiastic new translators who don't know what they're doing and mess things up :-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Translations