[PC-BSD Translations] PC-BSD 7 (Fibonacci) - translation time

Gerard van Essen gvanessen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:48:27 PDT 2008

Dear all,

Most of you will be aware that we have been working on PC-BSD 7 over the
last few months. PC-BSD 7 (notice the changed version scheme?) is based on
FreeBSD 7 and comes with a lot of new and exciting technologies; to get an
idea what PC-BSD 7 has in store (e.g. KDE4.1), have a look at these links:

   - PCBSD 7.0 - alpha2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghW2f96-b10
   - Install PC-BSD 7.0 Fibonacci -
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sAL2U3daEs
   - Kris Moore's interview with Distrowatch -
   http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080825#feature

We're now looking for volunteers to help us with translate v7 into as many
languages as possible and since you've shown an interest in the translation
project in the past, you're receiving this email.

The translation files are accessible on Pootle as before and you'll be glad
to hear that we've cleaned up some of the files to reduce the number of
strings. The other good thing is, translations don't have to be done from
scratch - it's just some additional files and strings that need to be
translated.

If you want to discuss something regarding the translation you're working on
or if you want to check something with others that speak your language, you
can do this on the Translation
Forums<http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewforum.php?f=10>
.

Useful translation links that may help you:

   - PC-BSD Pootle translation website - www.pcbsd.org:8080
   - Information for translators - translations.pcbsd.org
   - Translation Forums: forums.pcbsd.org/viewforum.php?f=10

Gerard van Essen
PC-BSD Core Member
gerard at pcbsd.org

PC-BSD - A new way of desktop computing
www.pcbsd.org

*
***** **You have received this email because you have shown an interest in
the PC-BSD Translation Project in the past, have helped us translate PC-BSD
or you're currently subscribed to the PC-BSD Translation Mailing list. If
you're not interested in the translation project anymore, please remove
yourself off the list mailinglist ******