[PC-BSD Translations] Nitpicks in the French translation + more

Renaud Métrich renaud.metrich at laposte.net
Mon Nov 26 12:34:37 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm new to PCBSD and would like to help you translate it into the french
language. I searched a bit through pcbsd.org but didn't find any process
describing how one could help. So here are my findings:

During the PCBSD Setup, I noticed some issues:

- when selecting a keyboard layout (say FR, but probably also for other
layouts), the setup doesn't change on-the-fly the keyboard, thus
keyboard remains in "EN" mode, and this makes it difficult/annoying for
non-EN-keyboard-aware users to enter user names and specially passwords.

- some words are mispelled: "Personaliser" instead of "Personnaliser"
and "clicant" instead of "cliquant"

I browsed quickly the SVN repository but didn't find any translation
file that I could check for spelling errors. Any clue?

After booting KDE, I found a lot of mispell errors but I suppose I
should address them to the KDE translation teams instead of PCBSD,
shouldn't I?

How could I contribute to more translations? Is there some dedicated
process and tools to help?

cheers,

--
Renaud