[PC-BSD Translations] Now we can start translating PC-BSD 1.4!

Charles A. Landemaine charles at pcbsd.org
Thu Aug 16 05:31:11 PDT 2007

After much work, our developers are done configuring Pootle, our new
web-based translation application, and we now can start translating PC-BSD
1.4!

The big news is that now, translations are done from your favorite web
browser and not with Qt Linguist anymore, providing better collaboration
between all of us, and better efficiency for everybody.

We are aware that this configuration took a lot longer than expected, we
really did our best, so don't worry if translations are not 100% done for
1.4 that's going to be released in a few weeks. Do what you can, we all
have our work and our personal life, I mean that's ok. Several languages
have more than one translator, so this should help, we should be able to
share the work easily.

Here's a quick tutorial to get started translating in no time:
http://translations.pcbsd.org/
People who created an account on Pootle during the test will have to
recreate their account with this final version.
If you need help, you can either ask on this mailing list or ask me
directly.
Thanks to Tim, Josh and Kris for their help setting all this up.
Good luck to you guys and thanks for your support! :)

--
Charles A. Landemaine.
http://www.pcbsd.org