Hi to you all,<br><br>I just installed the 9.1 beta 1 and here are the first results of the jury :-) <br><br>I am getting announcements at booting: Mouse is not working at first boot. Configurationserver is not working. <br>
<br>Also good news, my USB drive a 500GB Samsung external is working properly now :-) I tested it also with the Exaile music player and my music files where perfectly imported from the USB Samsung. <br>Flash player is not working in Firefox. <br>
<br>When installing new applications from the App cafe I do not get a proper icon for instance for Opera or any other application. I understand that it is now (or not) the meaning that after you start an installed application you set it as being trusted. <br>
When I did that the proper Icon did appear ! <br><br>I am running PCBSD 9.1 on a AMD 64 with an Asus motherboard 8GB internal memory and the Gnome desktop !<br><br>Best regards,<br>Hans<br><br><div class="gmail_quote">2012/7/18 Kris Moore <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com</a>></span><br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
<div text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
(Slight Update: The URL for download has been fixed, sorry about the
<pre style="line-height:normal;text-indent:0px;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:-webkit-auto;font-variant:normal;text-transform:none;font-style:normal;white-space:pre-wrap;font-weight:normal;word-spacing:0px">The BETA1 images for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 is now available for i386 and amd64 architectures!
This beta provides both users and developers a means to test out new features in the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 release. This snapshot may contain buggy code and features, so users are encouraged to run it only on non-critical systems.
Changes since the previous snapshot
* FreeBSD 9.1-BETA1
* KDE 4.8.4
* Support for "Warden" to create Linux Jails (Debian & Gentoo support included)
* Fixed a bug with mouse cursor fonts changing over some tray apps
* Correct some bugs with mouse not being detected after display wizard
* Add new "TrueOS" server option, alongside FreeBSD Vanilla.
* Display detected video resolution / driver on confirmation screen
* Add new IPv4 / IPv6 validation to address fields
* Fix bugs exporting / importing jails via Warden
* Add new "Hardware Compatibility Check" GUI, which is available during install and via Control Panel
* Add new "Sound Configuration" GUI, which lets user select and test different sound devices
* Add NVIDIA legacy drivers for cards older than 8-10 years (32bit only)
* Added option to "mount/clone" jail snapshots via the Warden
Highlights for the upcoming 9.1-Release
* FreeBSD 9.1
* KDE 4.8.4
* New system installer! Greatly simplified for desktop and server installs.
* New "PC-BSD Server" installation option. Includes command-line
utilities like pbi-manager, warden, metapkgmanager and more.
* Support for ZFS mirror / raidz(1,2,3) during installation.
* Support for SWAP on ZFS, allowing entire disk ZFS installation.
* Support for setting additional ZFS data-set options, such as
compression, noexec, etc.
* Warden jail management integrated into system. Allows creating jails via GUI, adding packages and other administration.
* Support for Warden to create Linux Jails
* New "Sound Configuration GUI"
* New "Hardware compatibility" GUI
* First boot setup wizard allows OEM installs to be easily performed.
* New Bluetooth paring tray / GUI utilities.
* New AppCafe improvements and preferences
* Improvements to wifi utility
* Fixed bug causing untranslated strings to show up empty.
* Numerous bug-fixes to PC-BSD related utilities
* Support for creating PXE boot server for remote desktop and installation.
* ZFS beadm support
* And much more!
* Users running previous snapshots may upgrade now via the online updater. You will first need to apply the "Update Manager" 20120718 update, then the beta1 update will appear.
* If you wish to update from 9.0 to this snapshot you may do so by editing the "/usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf" file and changing the PATCHSET: variable to "pcbsdtest".
After changing this variable, you may run the updater utility, to download a new update manager. Once this update manager is installed, the online update to the beta will appear.
The DVD & USB images are available via the PC-BSD mirrors. You may
select the mirror and files from the URL below:
<a href="http://www.pcbsd.org/getmirrors.php?url=9.1-BETA1" target="_blank">http://www.pcbsd.org/getmirrors.php?url=9.1-BETA1</a><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888">
</font></span></pre><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888">
Testing mailing list<br>
<a href="http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing" target="_blank">http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing</a><br>