[PC-BSD Testing] [please test] Control panel

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Thu May 29 02:40:57 PDT 2014

I have a question:
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of having a production set?
I would think a production set of packages should be out for I don't
know, 2 months minimum?
So the package freeze should be a couple of months prior to the
production release, to give time for testing. Situations like this,
where a package is being released for testing a few days before
production release, in my opinion doesn't achieve the intent of the
production set. The idea is to allow for things to mature first, then
release as production.
I'm not complaining or anything, just making an observation that the
releases should be spaced properly to achieve the goal, otherwise
PRODUCTION will go out with some packages that are too "green" and will
behave more or less like EDGE but with less frequent updates.

On the other hand, the new Control Panel looks good! I tested it for a
little while and seemed to work well here.
Claudio