[PC-BSD Testing] Testing Digest, Vol 88, Issue 25

Jacob Daniels jacob.dan1984 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 22:39:58 PDT 2014


Hi, Kris and team!

when updating to the latest set of edge packages, I get this error from
both the GUI and CLI  update tools  :

[1/71] Installing lua51-5.1.5_7...pkg: archive_read_extract(): Can't
replace existing directory with non-directory


is there anything I need to do to fix this on my end ?



On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 2:00 PM, <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Send Testing mailing list submissions to
>         testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         testing-owner at lists.pcbsd.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Testing digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. 10.0.2-PRERELEASE new boot issue (Joe Maloney)
>    2. Upcoming Edge package freeze (Kris Moore)
>    3. Re: 10.0.2-PRERELEASE new boot issue (Kris Moore)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 21:40:45 -0500
> From: Joe Maloney <jmaloney at pcbsd.org>
> To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
> Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] 10.0.2-PRERELEASE new boot issue
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAGgLw5ah7G_6HQXB38jfiCX-xK_A4Bc0vgpospACxWab0UZf+A at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>
> http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org/10.0-RELEASE/testing/amd64/PCBSD10.0.2-PRERELEASE-05-23-2014-x64-DVD-USB.iso
>
> Tried the following with the above image on my intel mac which has been
> working with 10.0.0, 10.0.1.
>
> VirtualBox boot: worked and booted so it looks like bios boot works
> Burned to DVD: no disc found
> dd to usb = efi only and no more bios boot option (new errors about grub
> not being able to find files and no background)
>
> Any big changes made to grub latley?
>
> Joe Maloney
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/attachments/20140528/4b6e39c8/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:47:41 -0400
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> To: "testing at lists.pcbsd.org" <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>,  PC-BSD
>         Developer List <dev at lists.pcbsd.org>
> Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] Upcoming Edge package freeze
> Message-ID: <53873A7D.50204 at pcbsd.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
>
> I'm planning on freezing the EDGE package set this weekend, so we can
> focus on bugfixes and prep for 10.0.2 release in the next 2-3~ weeks.
>
> An updated set of EDGE packages is uploading to the mirrors now and
> should be available in the next few hours. Please test out these
> packages, in particular looking for any bugs in the desktop environments
> or other essential packages which should be fixed before going into
> production. If you spot anything which will require a major ports tree
> update, we should try to get that in before the freeze.
>
> If you find bugs in any of our PC-BSD specific utilities, please start
> to open trac tickets for them so we can be sure they are addressed
> before 10.0.2 is released.
>
> Thanks for all your help in the making of this release!
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:51:40 -0400
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] 10.0.2-PRERELEASE new boot issue
> Message-ID: <53873B6C.1050109 at pcbsd.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> On 05/28/2014 22:40, Joe Maloney wrote:
> >
> http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org/10.0-RELEASE/testing/amd64/PCBSD10.0.2-PRERELEASE-05-23-2014-x64-DVD-USB.iso
> >
> > Tried the following with the above image on my intel mac which has
> > been working with 10.0.0, 10.0.1.
> >
> > VirtualBox boot: worked and booted so it looks like bios boot works
> > Burned to DVD: no disc found
> > dd to usb = efi only and no more bios boot option (new errors about
> > grub not being able to find files and no background)
> >
> > Any big changes made to grub latley?
> >
> > Joe Maloney
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Testing mailing list
> > Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> > http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing
>
> I did pull down a newer version of GRUB that fixes some GELI issues.
> Sounds like a new bug got introduced. I'll check if any more recent
> fixes have been added and get those into our tree.
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/attachments/20140529/1701f1bc/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Testing mailing list
> Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing
>
>
> End of Testing Digest, Vol 88, Issue 25
> ***************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/attachments/20140601/5cde833e/attachment.html>


More information about the Testing mailing list