[PC-BSD Testing] Upcoming Edge package freeze

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu May 29 06:47:41 PDT 2014

I'm planning on freezing the EDGE package set this weekend, so we can
focus on bugfixes and prep for 10.0.2 release in the next 2-3~ weeks.

An updated set of EDGE packages is uploading to the mirrors now and
should be available in the next few hours. Please test out these
packages, in particular looking for any bugs in the desktop environments
or other essential packages which should be fixed before going into
production. If you spot anything which will require a major ports tree
update, we should try to get that in before the freeze.

If you find bugs in any of our PC-BSD specific utilities, please start
to open trac tickets for them so we can be sure they are addressed
before 10.0.2 is released.

Thanks for all your help in the making of this release!