[PC-BSD Testing] KDE and Cinnamon crash as VBox guest

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Sun May 25 00:04:41 PDT 2014

An update after using pcbsd-build to generate a new ISO from the PCBSD
master git repo...

Gnome shell now works in virtualbox (software rasterizing)
Cinnamon still works (software rasterizing)
KDE desktop effects work (software rasterizing)

glxinfo | grep direct shows software rasterizing and unable to use
vboxvideo.

Perhaps the software rasterizing only will be fixed with the new Virtualbox
when it releases.  Otherwise I'm very happy that now I can test
PCBSD/Gnome3 in a virtual environment.  It's much more responsive than it
was with Gnome 3.6 which was previously unusable in VirtualBox.

Joe Maloney