[PC-BSD Testing] KDE and Cinnamon crash as VBox guest

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Sat May 24 22:41:49 PDT 2014

After some more thinking I realized that part of what I said earlier was
incorrect.  Xorg is a port after all not a part of the FreeBSD OS.  So what
version of FreeBSD/PCBSD shouldn't matter in this case.

During the ISO building process with pcbsd-build I discovered WITH_GALLIUM
is already enabled in pcbsd-100-RELEASE-make.conf so that part is good to
go.

I do recall seeing some errors with mesa, vbox a few weeks ago while
looking into what needed to be done to fix this gnome-shell in virtualbox.
When I found this ticket there was no fix then but now it looks like they
may have been fixed in a newer version of virtualbox additions that haven't
been released to the masses yet.

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/12941

I think maybe that is part of the answer.

Joe Maloney