[PC-BSD Testing] KDE and Cinnamon crash as VBox guest

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Sat May 24 08:04:47 PDT 2014

On 5/23/2014 6:37 PM, Joe Maloney wrote:
> I'm not sure if this will work in 10.0 RELEASE/10STABLE yet as I haven't
> researched but it should work in FreeBSD 11 Current.  Apparently
> Gallilum which is what virtualbox now uses for 3D support is now ready
> for FreeBSD according to the xorg wiki.
>
> I'm getting ready to try a snapshot of current with newcons which is now
> part of 11CURRENT/10STABLE.  I will see what happens and report back if
> it works.  This might also fix the gnome-shell crash on vbox so that it
> works at native speeds like it does in Feodra in vbox which would be
> awesome.

That would be great. I've been patiently waiting for newcons. One of the
things that I want to develop is a graphical boot process with a nice
splashscreen (like all other modern desktop operating systems) for
pcbsd, but I need newcons to be stable and in working condition before I
can attempt anything.

Claudio