[PC-BSD Testing] KDE and Cinnamon crash as VBox guest

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Wed May 21 10:28:19 PDT 2014

Hello,
I wanted to try all the new desktops, so I created a VBox VM.
Installing 10.0.1 went OK, KDE worked fine (didn't test Cinnamon).
Switched package set to Edge, and after completion, KDE crashed on login
and went back to PCDM.
Tried on a different PC (same version of VBox), brand new VM and same
thing, with the EDGE packageset I can't start KDE.
Cinnamon also crashed in a similar way on login (shows a message
alerting of the crash).
I also tried Lumina, LXDE and XFCE, they all work fine with the Edge set
on vbox.

I haven't tried on real hardware, this is only under VirtualBox.

Claudio