[PC-BSD Testing] Help with 3D graphics

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Sun May 18 14:43:32 PDT 2014

Hello,
I'm trying to test 3D graphics on latest PCBSD 10.0.1 (fresh install,
with XFCE desktop).
For now I'm using it as a guest under VirtualBox.

glxinfo returns:
libGL error: core dri or dri2 extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: vboxvideo
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
Segmentation fault

which means it can't load the vboxvideo driver, then falls back on
software rendering, but it seg-faults on the software reasterizer.

I checked on /usr/local/lib/dri and the swrast_dri.so and swrast_dri.la
are present. There's also one symlink for vboxvideo_dri.so, but there's
no vboxvideo_dri.la file (is this needed? all others say it's needed to
link the library).

I'm not sure what's preventing it from loading both drivers. Any hints?

Thanks,
Claudio