[PC-BSD Testing] Can we compile the new pcbsd Lumina Desktop on FreeBSD 10?

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed May 14 11:34:10 PDT 2014

Hum.. My clock does not show seconds, but I think it is hard-wired at
the moment to use the default system locale time format. One of our
contributors said she was working on updating the clock plugin right now
(since it was the first plugin I wrote - mainly for testing purposes),
so you should get more functionality from it soon once she sends in her
updates.

On 05/14/2014 14:22, Miguel Clara wrote:
> Yeah I've tried it and it failed on geting the distfiles of course.
>
> Slim played nice with lumina and I could use it but didn't play much
> with it yet.
>
> I noticed however that the clock in the top panel shows seconds which
> seems like a bit waste of baterry bit couldn't find a way to change
> that trough config.
>

> On May 14, 2014 12:41:59 PM GMT+01:00, Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
>     On 05/13/2014 22:36, Miguel Clara wrote:
>>     Seems like that was it... got no errors and that was a fast build!
>>
>>     I'm using slim, and it seems Lumina creates the xsession file
>>     which is great, now to test :)

>     Yep, that is the way to do it.
>     The "port-files" directory contains the port templates for the
>     PC-BSD auto-build system. SO while it is a good start for a
>     FreeBSD port - it is not complete until the autobuilder comes
>     through and replaces a bunch of things (and puts the distfiles up
>     on the site too I think).
>
>     --
>     ~~ Ken Moore ~~
>     PC-BSD/iXsystems