[PC-BSD Testing] https from jail

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 22:28:40 PDT 2014

I upgraded to 10 and now Drupal's HTTP request error went away but I still can't pull stuff off of Github.

Note that the jail I imported into 10 was created in 9.  Maybe I have to rebuild the jail?

I also noticed that using the Warden control panel for the jail I can't do package updates. I can do it in the host machine no problem.

I get the message, "unable to check for package updates"

In the package list it just shows:

pkg: No signature found in the repository. Can not validate against
pkg: http:

I think the Drupal problem and the package manager problem are related.

...Jeff

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:41 PM, Jeff <dejamuse at yahoo.com> wrote:

I can ping the IP for Github and Drupal can check for updates and all the usual stuff, yet Drupal reports a general failure for HTTP requests in its status report, and the drush script utility that runs in PHP can't pull anything from Github.

>I've just upgraded to PCBSD 10, so I'll do some more testing once I import the jail from the old system.  It could be a PHP misconfiguration.
>

>...Jeff
>
>On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:05 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
>On 04/27/2014 18:13, Jeff wrote:
>>
>>From a jail I can't pull anything from Github and I suspect it's because it uses https.
>>>
>>>I seem to recall that Warden jails block https by default.
>>>
>>>How to turn that off?
>>>
>>>Tnx,
>>>
>>>Jeff

>>I don't think it blocks any outgoing stuff by default... Can you
    reach anything else outside the jail?