[PC-BSD Testing] pc-activedirectory broken + workarounds

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Wed Mar 19 19:09:23 PDT 2014

It's not creating the home directories.  Once I created /usr/home/jmaloney
manually it worked.  That explains why it was working on my old setup until
I removed that user from my local system and nuked the dataset for that
user.

So.  4 steps required to make it work.

Change smb.conf to smb4.conf in pc-samba
launch winbindd
restart PCDM after launching winbind
mkdir /usr/home/%username%

Joe Maloney