[PC-BSD Testing] pc-activedirectory broken + workarounds

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Wed Mar 19 07:45:38 PDT 2014

I actually tested with FreeNAS 9.2.1.2 configured as a domain controller.
:)  I'm moving on to a new job full-time in a few weeks where I've already
deployed about 5 FreeNAS servers so far to replace an old samba3 + openldap
setup.  So I've been consumed with figuring out the perfect setup for that
which I have and it's working great so far.

I'm hoping to get a new work PC set up my first day with PCBSD joined to
the directory so I can kind of show that off.  So far I can log in if I
choose the option in PCDM to list the users but the manual entry method
just freezes.  I'll have to see if I can gather more logs somehow.

BTW after looking at the alternatives Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian only
centos had a GUI tool to actually bind a machine to an active directory it
was a little more cumbersome to set up than yours was.  So I have to say
good job.

Joe Maloney