[PC-BSD Testing] pc-activedirectory broken + workarounds

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Tue Mar 18 20:34:01 PDT 2014

After further research I touched this file and changed smb.conf to
smb4.conf.

https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/blob/91d60cdbfb76269232372ffcdd3239c069453899/src-sh/pc-adctl/scripts/pc-samba

I haven't yet edited in pcbsd git repo.  Is this ok to change?  Is there a
reason for it to be smb.conf?

After the above change I just had to launch only winbindd manually and
problem solved. Indeed PCDM does not list users when in directory mode
unless the box is checked to show users.  Pretty cool.

Joe Maloney