[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 10.0.1 Released

John Murphy murphyjj at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 15 01:32:34 PDT 2014

On 15 March 2014 18:51, John Murphy <murphyjj at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> so would really appreciate some guidance.

Hi,

Found my own guidance - but have a question.

Advice from FreeBSD said to install the nvidia from here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/compiz-fusion/nvidia-setup.html

Which meant running:
# cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver
# make install clean

and making sure xorg.conf and loader.conf have the right entries.

System now boots into X without problems.

My question is that the nvidia driver now running by this method is 331.49
(from NVIDIA X Server Settings) but the System Package Manager shows 310.14
as installed.

Does this matter or am I going to run into problems in the future - and
anyway how should I have done this under PCBSD?

Thanks,
--
Regards,
John Murphy