[PC-BSD Testing] Testing new update system from 9.2 -> 10.0

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Thu Mar 13 06:06:25 PDT 2014

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014, Kris Moore wrote:

-}
-}Yea, that is annoying :)

;>

On a different note, a FWIW to those doing this upgrade that it may take a
*long* time on systems that have a nice chunk of ZFS disk attached.  We have 2
JBODs that have just under 100 TB raw, 48 drives in a RAIDZ2 configuration.
Each upgrade took between 5 and 6 hours to complete.  It is worth noting that
our I/O requirements on the JBODs are low so configurations are done for space
rather than speed.

--
 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
     - Siddhartha Gautama