[PC-BSD Testing] cinnamon edge packages and new ISO

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Mar 13 00:17:24 PDT 2014

Great!

I've got a system update prepped now, which will update the conflict
resolution scripts on 10.0-RELEASE (if necessary) so the user can update
to 10.0.1 packages. If you want to test, update this file:

/usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf

Change PATCHSET to "test-updates" and run the updater. Afterwards you
should be able to now update to the 10.0.1 set with good conflict
resolution.

I'm going to test it here shortly on a fresh 10.0-RELEASE install.
Assuming it works I will then prep the 10.0.1 release and probably make
it "live" sometime early next week when I get back from Tokyo. (Doing
this from a hotel now)

If you want to help us test the 10.0.1 ISO as well, you can grab it here:

http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org/10.0-RELEASE/testing/amd64/

In particular I need testing on the video detection, make sure it
properly detects your drivers, and can bring up Xorg without any manual
interaction. Some fixes went into place for when the video device may be
on different PCI bus IDs.