[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrading result (clear 10.0 Release - 10.0 Edge)

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 08:05:01 PDT 2014

Hi

I've just performed upgrade from clear 10.0 and 10.0.2-PRE
Several notes:

1. Package manager from 10.0 can't detect (and solve) conflicts right so:
2. I need to install all from git head src-sh and src-qt4 (all scripts and
all ui utils to avoid ABI/API prblems)
3. After rebuild all of the PC-BSD stuff I can perform successfully upgrade
rest of the packages

So, I think we need to perform upgrade to 10.0.1 in two steps:
At first we need to publish new pcbsd-utils and pcbsd-utils-qt4 (at least
in case package management). Only after that we can roll rest of packages.
But I don't know how we can do that. Maybe new package manager will be
rolled system update. And only after this update new packages will be
'unlocked'.

Ans few words about common result:
* Clean KDE workspace seems like works well (but KDE workspace is still
4.11. About tool show 4.11 for KDE)
* Looks like Cinnamon crashes in my case. It shows notification about that
all time. I see only desktop with shortcuts but no panel :( I made
experiments inside VirtualBox. Mayby ti is because limited GL support?
* Can't launch Gnome3 (I think because GL limitations inside VBox)
* XFCE, MATE, LXDE looks good
* PCDM can't remember last user login name

--
Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk