[PC-BSD Testing] Testing new update system from 9.2 -> 10.0

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Sun Mar 9 21:31:57 PDT 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Kris Moore wrote:

-}
-}It seems to work well here, but it needs some additional testing from
-}any users still running 9.2 who want to update to 10. To test this,
-}first grab the latest from git:
-}
-}# git clone https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd.git pcbsd
-}# cd pcbsd/src-sh/pc-updatemanager
-}# make install
-}
-}Then run:
-}
-}# pc-updatemanager install fbsd-10.0-RELEASE
-}
-}This should start the download / upgrade process. If anything fails
-}during the process, logs are kept in /root, which will assist me in
-}debugging.

Houston we have a problem.

I have successfully updated several systems using this method so I updated a
a pair of production systems.  One had a jail that was created with warden.
I didn't think to test on a !prod jail box.  The jail is now gone.  All the
partitions are there on the drive including all databases, but warden list
shows nothing.  Is this recoverable or did I just blow away a prod jail?

--
 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
     - Siddhartha Gautama