[PC-BSD Testing] [PC-BSD Dev] Quarterly package set

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 01:47:49 PST 2014

Hi Kris

Only one thing - we need at least two (or maybe more) edge package updates
for stabilization.
We have new KDE and new Cinnamon. Also we should think about conflicts
during this updates.
Currently I have some conflict related problems after the last edge updates
(including samba3/samba4 conflict which is not resolving even by deleting
samba3)
Anyway next week will be good point to start feature freeze.
Please put attention on upgrade process. How it will be with all desktop
environments installed? Is all conflicts can be resolved automatically?

PS
Sorry, I can't put much time on development now. (Last few weeks I have
less and less time for PC-BSD. I only hope for some changes soon.) But I'll
try to test as much things as possible.

> Now that we are in March, its time to begin the process for our first
> quarterly package (PRODUCTION) set update. If you have any last things
> you want added to this quarterly set, this is now the time to do it.
> (This will include updates to ports, fixes to pcbsd-utils-* packages,
> etc). I plan on freezing the tree next week while in Tokyo, so please
> test out changes / fixes before then.
>
> I'm doing a build of the latest ports right now, and should be pushing
> them out for testing to the EDGE package repo in a day or two.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software