[PC-BSD Testing] 10.0.2 ISO for testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jun 10 08:25:26 PDT 2014

On 06/10/2014 11:22, Seth wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 07:57:34 -0700, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>> Did you switch appcafe to the EDGE repo before doing any package
>> updates?
>
> Not initially. This problem can be reproduced reliably using the
> production set.
>
> My next attempt I rolled back using a BE, and then switched to edge
> before applying the AppCafe updates.
>
> This time around it seemed to work OK, I was able to log back into the
> desktop and could the keyboard worked.
>
> As soon as I installed terminology using the pkg CLI tool, I lost the
> keyboard again.

Ok, first thing, you must switch to EDGE package set on the 10.0.2 ISO,
otherwise you will be downgrading various packages when you install
stuff via AppCafe.

To do this, open AppCafe, go to Configuration and switch to EDGE. Close
/ Re-Open Appcafe and it should take effect. After doing this, if you
install terminology again, does it work properly?