[PC-BSD Testing] Frozen Ports Tree for 10.0.2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jun 2 06:23:43 PDT 2014

Testers and Developers. With 10.0.2 just around the corner it is time to
freeze our source tree to prepare for a new production branch.

* The pcbsd/freebsd-ports git master branch is frozen to version
updates, and only open for bugfixes until we branch off the 10.0.2 set.
(In a couple weeks)

* The pcbsd/pcbsd git master branch is frozen to new features and should
only be accepting bugfixes for existing ones right now.

I'm pushing out the latest EDGE package set rolled over the weekend. It
includes an updated cinnamon 2.2.13 and Gnome 3.12.0. Please test these
and other desktops for critical bugs that we can try to squash before
release in addition to the usual PC-BSD related tools that need testing.

I'm also going to be uploading a new 10.0.2-PRELREASE ISO for testing
later today, so keep an eye out for that. It includes the Full-Disk
Encryption option with GELI / GRUB and Boot-Environment support, which
will also need testing on a variety of systems.

All trouble reports should be submitted to https://trac.pcbsd.org, so we
can keep tabs on critical issues left to fix. If you want to discuss a
problem here, also try to include the trac URL on the posts as well.

Thanks for your hard work on this release, and lets try to make 10.0.2
the best one yet!