[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade from 9.2 to 10 RELEASE problem

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Thu Jan 30 04:20:49 PST 2014

Hello,
I did the update that came as a package yesterday to my 9.2.
It seems pkg-static failed after the update, so now I have a 10 world,
which boots, but when X starts I see the 9.2 background screen briefly
then the screen goes back to text mode and stays black.
Ctrl-Alt-F1 works, but the screen never recovers (stays black). I can
blindly login as root and issue a reboot, so the system hasn't crashed,
but I think all packages are still from 9.
What can be done (other than reinstalling 10 from scratch)? I can get
into single user mode, but pkg-static fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Claudio