[PC-BSD Testing] ja-ibus-anthy missing and cannot install

Yamashiro, Jun yamajun at ofug.net
Mon Jan 27 12:06:58 PST 2014

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:19:40 -0500
Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> As you mentioned, I don't think that hard-coding this type of thing into
> PCDM is the answer....
>
> Did you also fix the /usr/local/share/pcbsd/enable-ibus.sh script so
> that "GDM_LANG" (near the top of the script) is now just "LANG"? That
> was another fix that I put in last Friday.
> That script looks like it is supposed to be setting those environment
> variables, so the problem might just lie there.

Yes.  I fixed variable name into "LANG".  But, cannot work properly.

Please check PCDM code.
https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/blob/master/src-qt4/PCDM/src/pcdm-xprocess.cpp#L145
| this->start("sh "+xhome+"/.xprofile");

This line show .xprofile run as "program".  This is cause of luck of variables.

This chart shows cause of luck of variable.

PCDM: Start login

($QT_IM_MODULE is not set)

+------- sh .xprofile -------+ fork() and exec()
|                            |
|                            . /path/to/enable-ibus.sh
|                            |
|                            export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
|                            |
|($QT_IM_MODULE is not set)  |($QT_IM_MODULE=ibus)
|                            (end of .xprofile)
|
|($QT_IM_MODULE is not set)
|
| <- My patch is defined here.

Start X session