[PC-BSD Testing] ja-ibus-anthy missing and cannot install

Yamashiro, Jun yamajun at ofug.net
Sun Jan 26 01:41:44 PST 2014

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:22:26 +0900
"Yamashiro, Jun" <yamajun at ofug.net> wrote:

> ja-anthy-ibus installed successfully after update packages.
> # pc-updatemanager pkgupdate -f
> # cd /usr/ports/japanese/ibus-anthy
> # make install
>

> But, XIM/IM module-related environment variables not set.  Cannot use iBus.
> ~/.xprofile and enable-ibus.sh just working.  Why unset?
> (I couldn't find solution in now)

I read PCDM/gdm/kdm.  ~/.xprofile run as "shell script" in PCDM and
read as "part of Xsession" in others.  I guessed different behavior of
login manager is cause of missing environment variables for iBus.

PCDM:
https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/blob/master/src-qt4/PCDM/src/pcdm-xprocess.cpp#L145
gdm:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gdm/tree/data/Xsession.in#n32
kdm:
kde4-workspace-4.x.y/kdm/kfrontend/genkdmconf.c

see also:
https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/blob/master/src-sh/pc-extractoverlay/desktop-overlay/usr/share/skel/.xprofile#L15
# Cannot work "VARIABLE=value ; export VARIABLE" in the
# fork(2)ed script.

Yamashiro, Jun			Email: yamajun at ofug.net
Okinawa FreeBSD Users Group