[PC-BSD Testing] gnome 3 :(

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 13:05:28 PST 2014

Ok so I installed x11/nvidia-driver-304 from your packages and problem
solved with the lag issues.  I have a Nvidia GTS 250 in this system so I
wouldn't think it were just that old that it wouldn't work with the new
driver.  I suppose it's possible as it's not the newest anymore that the
latest driver might not introduce problems as well.  Or it actually is
something with the newer driver.

At this point since the old driver works might be worth adding something
like this to the Gnome 3 wiki page for nvidia users as a workaround and
call it good?

pkg delete -f nvidia-driver-331.20
pkg install nvidia-driver-304-304.88_1

Joe Maloney