[PC-BSD Testing] 10.0 on MacBook Pro

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Jan 23 18:28:19 PST 2014

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014, Kris Moore wrote:

> On 01/23/2014 01:47, Cory Smelosky wrote:
>
> That is odd that the disk wouldn't show up in the GUI. Did you plug it
> in after the GUI started or before? Maybe it just didn't probe it in
> time? If you reboot with the disk connected, boot to the GUI and see if
> it shows up again. If not, right-click to bring up an "xterm" and get me
> the output of this command:

If I reboot with it connected, it finds 0 disks.  Not even the one it
booted from or the one physically in the system!

This is after the GUI, btw.  It's booted from USB and the other target
disk is USB.  If the RC5 weren't nearly 4G I'd download that for a
test...but I expect minor changes.

> # /usr/local/sbin/pc-sysinstal disk-list

I can't right click...and I am out of USB ports.

Result: "sort: illegal byte sequence"

That's...unusual.  What kind of `sort` magic are you doing? ;)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff