[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 10 rc2 and rc3 usb boot hang on "Grub loading. Welcome to GRUB!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jan 23 16:39:58 PST 2014

On 01/23/2014 14:22, Mike C. wrote:
> My friend seems the same problem on a Toshiba laptop is having the
> same problem with rc3 and rc4.
>
> he has not tried the grubtext imagem yet, however it woroks fine if he
> Burns the image to a DVD.

So it only seems to be a problem with the USB portion? If he has the
same issue, but can boot-from DVD then perhaps your system will also
work via DVD.

I'll have to look at bit closer at the particulars of the USB code,
right now we are just using "grub-mkrescue" command to generate the
files, perhaps something in there works a bit differently on a BSD host.

The Linux distros you tested, were they USB/DVD hybrids, or USB only
images you downloaded?