[PC-BSD Testing] Additional log files for bug reports 909, 910 and 911

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jan 23 06:55:58 PST 2014

On 01/22/2014 05:37, kesa at himalia.fi wrote:
> These bugs seem to be fixed now with PCBSD10.0-RELEASE-p4-01-17-2014.
> However, there is a bug in the first boot. I made a new ticket 948,
> but I can't access the tracker right now. So I'm posting in this
> thread to link the hardware details.
>
> After first stage install and booting the first time. The X server
> goes to self configuration. At the end, it will try to launch the X
> server. But this hangs in a black screen. I was able to launch the X
> server and complete the second stage install after adding Driver
> "intel" to the Device section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf while in a single
> user mode.

So, does the X configuration work and let you do all the first-run
wizard stuff, but the login manager fails to start?

This may be a bug in in the Intel driver I've seen, where it can only
run once, then it fails to start a second time. It may be that the
reboot you did fixed the issue, before even adding "intel" to the
xorg.conf section. Did you let it try and reboot first before going to
single-user mode?

Also, whats your "pciconf -lv" again?