[PC-BSD Testing] no 10.0 branches

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Jan 21 09:16:44 PST 2014

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:50:58 -0500
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> They will show up if you change PATCHSET to "test-updates". The 10.X
> branches wont show until the official -RELEASE is out :)

Thank you. I was misled by the "To upgrade a PC-BSD® RELEASE system to
STABLE, become the superuser and edit the file" sentence
(http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Using_a_Rolling_Release/10.0#Upgrading_a_RELEASE_to_STABLE)
considering that if the PATCHSET is set to 'updates'(as described in the
next sentence) that I'm already set due to installing from test iso
images.

I still can't fully adjust my mind that STABLE means 'latest operating system
features', but I bet that once I arrive at 10-STABLE & 'updates' that
would be everything required to keep using rolling-release model?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The senses, the mind and the intelligence are the sitting places
of this lust. Through them lust covers the real knowledge of the