[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 10 rc2 and rc3 usb boot hang on "Grub loading. Welcome to GRUB!

Mike C. miguelmclara at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 06:29:23 PST 2014

Seems like it completely freezes reading the USB because the light stops blinking.

I have another pen with a FreeBSD installation IMG, I plugged it and in the boot options it only detects it self and the hard disk (F1 and F2), I found that very odd since if I connect the pen to my newer Acer s3 it boots fine to the installer and very fast, I barely see the grub welcome screen.

Its really a weird scenario.