[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 10 rc2 and rc3 usb boot hang on "Grub loading. Welcome to GRUB!

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:33:20 PST 2014

I've looked into that tread, and I've played with grub installed on
the hard drive but no luck, and also that's was about slow boot seems
to be fixed.

In my case I've waited for more than half an hour... and nothing! Also
the pen stops "blinking" so its not reading anything I guess!

In a newer latop it works, but In this one and a similar (old asus
from a friend who also tested) it also doesn't work, but htat one has
a working dvd drive!

I do fear it has something to do with this motherboard, but there's
not options for secure boot, so that can't be it, and it boots from
USB using the FreeBSD installer.

It would be nice if there was a version of the PC-BSD disk using the
freebsd boot loader instead of grub!