[PC-BSD Testing] pcbsd/src-sh/pc-updatemanager showing old branches

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 07:50:49 PST 2014

One more problem.  Apparently I can't downgrade to the kernel that RELEASE
is running through the tool at least as 10/STABLE has a newer kernel.  It
seems that freebsd-update does not like to allow this.

[root at jm-desk-pc] ~# pc-updatemanager chbranch 10.0-RELEASE
Creating package for pkg-1.2.4_1
/usr/local/tmp/pkg.txz                        100% of 2014 kB 1426 kBps
00m01s
Building a list of user-installed packages... Please wait...
Building list of user-installed packages...
Looking up fbsd-update.pcbsd.org mirrors... none found.
Fetching metadata signature for 10-STABLE from fbsd-update.pcbsd.org...
done.

Files on mirror (10-STABLE-p6) appear older than what
we are currently running (10-STABLE-p7)!
Cowardly refusing to proceed any further.
ERROR: Failed running "freebsd-update -r 10.0-RELEASE upgrade"...