[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 10 rc2 and rc3 usb boot hang on "Grub loading. Welcome to GRUB!

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 17:42:00 PST 2014

Hi,

Trying to test PC-BSD but no luck. I've downloaded both rc2 and rc3.

I'm trying to do this in a HP Pavilion dv6, and simply get the screen:

GRUB loading.
Welcome to GBUB!

I've waited for half an hour since I remember there was a similar situation
booting from disk after install which is reported and solved.

The strange thing is that on my more recent acer aspire it boots fine from
the same usb disk with both images, and it's quite fast I don't even see
grub.

Anyone with such issues?

Thanks
Mike