[PC-BSD Testing] libxml2

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 23:49:12 PST 2014

Hi

I am facing an interesting problem. KDE will not log in. It starts to load
and immediately goes back to the login screen.

Fluxbox logs in with no problem. When I try to startkde4 in fluxbox, I get
an error that libxml2.so.5 is missing and is required by a host of other
libraries.

Retracing my steps, libxml2 was reinstalled and upgraded when I installed
libreoffice, just before shutting down my laptop.

If I symlink libxml2.so.5 to libxml2.so.2, KDE can finally work although
the run application dialog box crashes.

The pkg-plist of libxml2 shows that libxml2.so.5 is among the libraries it
installs, but for some reason the libxml2 package on pkg.cdn.pcbsd.org does
not have libxml2.so.5.

Is there a way I can get this library installed again?

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in a
million chances happen 99% of the time.