[PC-BSD Testing] MacBook Pro UEFI boot - 10RC4 PCBSD not recognised

Dave Cottlehuber dch at jsonified.com
Wed Jan 8 17:07:20 PST 2014

Same issue still as here;

    http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?p=110504

- Under "normal" OSX boot, holding down 'opt' the CD isn't even recognised
as a bootable device.

- Under refind/refit it is recognised as a linux CD, but nothing happens
after selecting it (penguin looms ominously on a gray background)

- I can EFI boot into an existing Arch Linux on the same OS, and I see in
grub2:
 cd0
 cd0, msdos1
 cd1
 cd1,msdos1

But using
    set root= (…)
    ls <various things>
always shows nothing accesible.

So at this point, I can't even boot into install yet #sadpand.

I'm conscious that PCBSD might not even have the merged UEFI support
mentioned, but I was hoping at least the boot load might work.

refs:
  https://wiki.freebsd.org/UEFI
  https://wiki.freebsd.org/201305DevSummit/UEFI

A+