[PC-BSD Testing] 10.0 release second of January 2014 (retesting)

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 02:45:17 PST 2014

Hello Arthur,

I looked into the BIOS and I cannot set the init display. All is automatic
now. When installing it finds the NVIDIA card and installs the driver
neatly. So that is not the issue. In 9.2 it was the same, no return to the
proper screen after setting the resolution and finishing installation.
My feelings on the Asus motherboards are ambivalent though. USB ports are
not working properly (Not in Windows 7, not in Linux Ubuntu and not in
PCBSD) . To make this more clear, when I stick more than one USB appliance
next to each other in for instance the USB 2.0 ports, one of the appliances
will fail or not work properly.
And I have a good mark powersupply (Seasonic) so that cannot be the issue
here.

I noticed now however that with PCBSD the usb 3.0 ports are operating
correctly. Even my external usb drive is powered off when shutting down
PCBSD as it supposed to do :-)
There is however a little issue left (see below) If that is fixed than all
is ok for that part.

Arthur, Kris and team, hereby I sent the userguide from my motherboard.
Hopefully it will give you some more support.

One little issue about the external usb drive; although I can acces it, it
is not possible when I want to do this from a mediaplayer like atunes and
adacious. I get an error when I mount it, it says not able to mount but
when I click ok, it goes right away to my folders on the usbdrive and I can
use it anyway. But only from Thunar for instance.

I also sent the systemlog partly again about the Seagate USB drive.

Best regards,
Hans