[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD base fonts unfit for daily usage

Rusmir Dusko nemysis at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 28 01:39:39 PST 2014

> > On 02/25/2014 18:09, Rusmir Dusko wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Since last PC-BSD update from Update Manager and
> > > recomended reboot i have very ugly fonts in mostly all applications.
> > >

> > > I have reinstalled, but this does not help.
> > >
> > > x11-fonts/dejavu
> > >
> > > x11-fonts/webfonts
> > >
> > irc/hexchat

> > > all from claws-mail
> > >

> > > Good fonts have
> > >
> > > Firefox
> > >
> > > qBittorent
> > >
> > > LibreOffice
> > >

> > > Please look at these screenshots to see how bad are the fonts
> > >
> > > https://sourceforge.net/projects/nemysisfreebsdp/files/Paste/
> > >

> > Is this still through your custom "startx" usage? I'm not seeing jagged
> > fonts here anyway... Anybody else able to confirm this?

> I use now PCDM and with fonts is same than before.

> Does PCDM read ~/.xinitrc or not?

It reads. I have seen that read normal system applications
(xrdb, xbindkeys, startlxde)

> What is now different with PCDM is that i must write full path now
> with LXDE menu 'Run' for my scripts. And is in path

> /home/bin

PCDM is too new and not look on $PATH when I use form LXDE menu 'Run',
when I start X with  'startx' works.

> Can you rollback this last PC-BSD base update?

Not need to rollback, but to update Update Manager.

I have used now

root

fc-cache -f -v -s

user

fc-cache -f -v

After reboot this works.

This have perhaps not used Update Manager when have installed last PC-BSD base.

--
Best regards,
Rusmir Dusko