[PC-BSD Testing] problem with PBIs requiring aspell

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Feb 26 06:19:33 PST 2014

On 02/26/2014 07:08, Gour wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I notice some problems with missing aspell and PBIs..
>
> Here is pbi.conf for my weechat plugin:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # 10.x (12/5/13) PBI Build Configuration
> # Generated using EasyPBI
>
> PBI_PROGNAME="weechat"
> PBI_PROGICON="defaulticon.png"
> PBI_MAKEPORT="irc/weechat"
> PBI_MAKEOPTS="weechat_SET=GNUTLS ASPELL CHARSET NLS PERL PYTHON
> weechat_UNSET=DOCUMENTATION"
> PBI_AB_NOPKGBUILD="YES"
>
> export PBI_PROGNAME PBI_PROGICON PBI_MAKEPORT PBI_MAKEOPTS
> PBI_AB_NOPKGBUILD
>

> but after lauching weechat I notice it's not loaded and attempt to load
> it results in:
>
> Error: unable to load plugin
> "/usr/local/lib/weechat/plugins/aspell.so": Shared object
> │                      | "libaspell.so.16" not found, required by
> "aspell.so"
>

> Moreover, I notice that Claws-mail is also having problem with spell
> checking - it can't locate spell dicts.
>
> Finally, LyX PBI also can't find dicts...
>
> So, I wonder what is correct procedure to build PBI which requires
> aspell checker and associated dicts?
>
> Shall I use PBI_MKPORTBEFORE= with aspell and required dicts?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

How are you building the PBI, with EasyPBI (if so, which version) or
using pbi_makeport manually?
My first thought is that you are building with EasyPBI version 2.2,
which means that your PBI_MAKEOPTS are not being used because that
version always runs pbi_makeport with the --pkgbuild flag. If you use
EasyPBI version 2.3 or run pbi_makeport manually that will remove that
possible source of error.

The next possibility is that there is something wrong with the ASPELL
option in the weechat port, and manually adding the aspell port to
PBI_MAKEPORTAFTER should fix it. I think the build usage is the more
likely error though since you mention that you have the same issue with
a couple other PBI's you built.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems