[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade from 9.2 to 10, startx doesn't read user scripts from .xinitrc

Rusmir Dusko nemysis at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 25 04:02:56 PST 2014

Hello

After upgrade from 9.2 to 10, startx doesn't read user scripts from ~/.xinitrc

I've always used in all WM or DE to start from CLI and use
my scripts or normal 'startx'

cat /home/bin/startx-
#!/bin/sh

startx -- -dpi 96 +bs # -nolisten tcp

And for other user and second X

cat /home/bin/startx-1
#!/bin/sh

startx $* -- :1 -dpi 96 +bs # -nolisten tcp

Since PC-BSD 10 i can't use my Scripts which add my Settings
from ~/.xinitrc which i needs for my daily Work

/home/bin/xmodmap- &

cat /home/bin/xmodmap-
#!/bin/sh

echo "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap-ClassCtrl"
xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap-ClassCtrl

echo "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap-Super-L-Control-L"
xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap-Super-L-Control-L

#echo "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap-PauseasCl-Logitech-Solar"
#xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap-PauseasCl-Logitech-Solar

echo "~/.Xmodmap-Mouse"
~/.Xmodmap-Mouse

/home/bin/xtastatura &

cat /home/bin/xtastatura
#!/bin/sh

setxkbmap -layout rs,rs,ch,us -variant latin,,,, -model \
    pc105 -option "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll

/home/bin/xmodusi &

cat /home/bin/xmodusi
#!/bin/sh

xset dpms  600 1200 1800 s on

Normal system applications works than

xrdb -load ~/.Xresources &

xbindkeys &

esd -terminate -nobeeps -as 2 &

xcompmgr -c &

exec startlxde

I see that is Parcellite default loaded

parcellite &

To see that I have no more double-click with Mouse!

Have tried to use in ~/.gtkrc-2.0-mine

gtk-double-click-distance=20
gtk-double-click-time=400

or with commands

gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.mouse double-click
gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/double_click

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.mouse double-click 400
conftool-2 --type int --set /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/double_click 400

Does use PC-BSD 10 other file to load these Settings?

User Settings for startx must be used from ~/.xinitrc

http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=.xinitrc

https://wiki.debian.org/Xinitrc

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Guide_to_X11/Starting_Sessions

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/v5r3/topic/com.ibm.aix.cmds/doc/aixcmds5/startx.htm

I have seen in /usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-xdgutil examples for

KDE
applications.menu

Xfce
xfce-applications.menu