[PC-BSD Testing] VirtualBox crashing

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Feb 19 01:02:44 PST 2014

Hello,

few days ago after I performed update on mx 10.0 machine (Edge package
set), I noticed that VirtualBox cannot launch.

Tried so many things and I was told that

“VirtualBox ” terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)

pid 25676 (VirtualBox), uid 1001: exited on signal 11

probably means faulty RAM.

I did check my RAM and indeed there were some errors reports on one or
two DIMMs.

However, after buying and thoroughly testing the whole RAM range, I
experience the same problem.

Incidentally, just updated my notebook, also running Edge package set
(virtualbox-ose was one of the re-installed) packages, I experience the
same problem.

Anyone having problems with VirtualBox and/or some troubleshooting
suggestions?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose,
and their aim is one. O beloved child of the Kurus,